Surely just moving a few model trains up and down should only require a motor and a couple of switches?
In fact to execute all the desired functions that we wanted for a precision controlled train elevator, or Nelevator, over 4,000 lines of software were required to control our custom designed electronic microprocessor control system.
Key Electronic Design Features
- Independent, simultaneous operation of both channels
- PWM motor control for soft start and stop to protect delicate rolling stock
- Over-current safety cut-off
- Rotary encoder optical feedback ensures track alignment accurate to within 0.05 mm
- 20 Tri-colour LEDs for instant visual feedback
- Simple operation using integrated remote-controlled handset
- Non-volatile EEPROM memory remembers final resting place of each track
- Easy user calibration adjustment if required
- Adaptive power algorithm to compensate for inertial variations